‘Curriculum means all the interactions, experiences, activities, routines and events, planned and unplanned, that occur in an environment designed to foster children’s learning and development.’ (EYLF, p.9)
We believe children are active learners – that learning is more meaningful when children are actively involved in constructing their knowledge. Therefore we provide a play-based curriculum where children actively engage in a range of meaningful experiences that extend their development and learning.
Programs are designed by our qualified educational leader in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework and tailored to meet each child’s individual developmental stage needs, interests and your own expectations and goals for your child.
The curriculum at Milly Molly Mandy’s includes:
- Balancing spontaneity with a sense of purpose and predictability
- Consistency of approach from all educators.
- Evidence of children making decisions about their own learning and development.
- Evidence of learning towards the five core principles of the EYLF including:
- Have the confidence to be themselves and make new friends (Learning Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity)
- Learn to respect cultural diversity and the environment (Learning Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world)
- Become strong socially, physically and emotionally (Learning Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing)
- Create, experiment, explore, imagine, investigate and problem solve (Learning Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners)
- Use literacy and numeracy to make meaning and express communication (Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators)
- Family involvement.
- Reflections of the community/ies we are a part of.
- Meaningful documentation which can be shared with children and families. Educators complete group and individual observations to record your child’s progress. Informal feedback is available to you on a daily basis in-person or through Kinderloop. You are also able to review your child’s progress records at any time by accessing your child’s learning journey folder or making an appointment to see your child’s educators.
- Documentation of children’s learning and development that clearly shows how children are progressing toward the EYLF learning outcomes and other developmental areas.